Frank Murphy, former Executive Director, Brain Injury Association of Durham:
We support people who have experienced injuries:
- People who now have difficulties with many aspects of life
- People who are unable to work, who have problems with school
- People who have become socially isolated
- People who can’t remember well, who have trouble reading
- People who experience financial difficulty, who live in poverty
The Brain Injury Association of Durham Region has long recognized the need to devote time and resources to injury prevention. It has been one of our goals from our inception. We have limited resources and have supported injury prevention work done in partnership with others. Collaboration helps us to achieve more.
Heads Up! Durham strives to extend collaboration to all of Durham Region – to bring brain injury awareness and prevention into the consciousness of everyone in our community.
We applaud the efforts of Heads Up! Durham; we support it wholeheartedly; and we pray for its success.